The next challenge is to get form based data capture up and running for the all staff event on Wednesday next week. It is currently Saturday. No pressure then.
I have looked at lots of form applications but most of them seem overly involved and want to tie you into server based subscriptions.
The one that I settled on to trial first is “Device Magics” forms app.
- You browse to www.devicemagic.com and create an account.
- Design your form
- Load the app on the Ipad
- Do a quick sysnc job entailing copying a code from the Browser to the app.
- Your designed forms are then available on the app.
- Single device version is free and so good for trialling
- The form can capture all teh normal web form fields as well as Pictures, Sketches, Barcodes and a few other interesting options.
- When you design a form you add “Connectors” to it that distribute the form when submitted. Plain text is OK but a big form can look messy quite quickly. MS Word format is OK if you do not have Repeating items such as task lists etc…
- PDF seems to be the best format. You can send the form to a set address or dynamically take the address from a field in the form.
So far I have created a meeting notes form as well as a Requirements gathering form for next weeks event.
Quite impressed so far.