The long wait begins whilst the IPad charges for the first time.
I set up a new iTunes account using work email address. This needs a credit card to complete. Using personal one at present. Now to load up basic apps for adding business functionality.
- Dropbox and Google Drive for file sharing. (Google Drive is also an entry point to Google Docs which gives a good spreadsheet and word processor amongst other tools)
- Evernote for note taking and bookmarking useful websites.
- Adobe Reader for PDF files.
- Flipboard for research and Media awareness.
- Pocket for clipping websites to read later.
- Grafio Lite (To explore graphing flowcharts etc)
- Skype, Vibr, Teamviewer, Webex, Logmein & GoToMeeting for Online Conferencing and messenging
- National Rail and Easyjet apps for travel.
- Bump for sharing Business Cards/Contacts
- Scan, DocScan HD & ScanBiz lite for QR and Business card scanning.
- Mindjet & Mindomo for MindMapping
- YouTube and all the various TV apps for media access
- Print Agent as Text Editor
- Roambi (To investigate rich presentations built from PDF’s).
- AudioMemo and Quick Voice for voice recording.
- Print Agent (to explore WiFi printing)
I will definitely have to look at various apps for navigation in other countries.
That took a while.